[Dovecot] DIGEST-MD5 Authentication

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 6 05:34:16 EET 2004

On 5.1.2004, at 01:02, Dominic Marks wrote:

> I am confused by a problem I am having getting Dovecot to authenticate
> users with DIGEST-MD5. I am receiving the error message, "Unexpected
> service type in digest-uri". (cvs: mech-digest-md5.c, line 407)

It works with Evolution and Cyrus-SASL client, so it can't be
completely broken.. :) Maybe I should actually drop the check, since
it's now hardcoded to IMAP it can't work with POP3..

You could check what string it actually compares it against by adding
there some debug line:

i_warning("uri = '%s'", trim(uri[0]));