[Dovecot] SpamAssassin

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Jan 30 00:03:09 EET 2004

Rick Johnson wrote:

> Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
>> I run SA from sendmail via MIMEDefang (to reject the egregious stuff),
>> and
>> from procmail on delivery (to tag and quarantine the borderline
>> stuff). I'm
>> not sure why people would use it in the IMAP server, but the question
>> does
>> come up.
>>

> SA is more appropriate at the MTA level, not the MDA/MUA level. I'm not
> sure why it would come up either. It's generally called from Procmail or
> someplace like that.

I concur.  Filtering for spam belongs before the local delivery agent.
Of course, I complicate things with the hybrid sender-pays system and
need to grab "outbound" e-mail messages for stamping.  Let's just say it
makes for an interesting mail server configuration.

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears