[Dovecot] Shared folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 13 22:29:07 EEST 2004

On 13.7.2004, at 20:02, D Canfield wrote:

> Several months back shared folders based on ACL's were discussed here,
> and it was mentioned that support for these had been added to CVS.
> Since the web site still says shared folders aren't implemented, I
> just wanted to check and see if the shared folder code is just in CVS
> for a future, post-1.0 release, or if the code ever made it into any
> of the 0.99x relases.

There's some very simple support for shared folders in CVS, only to get
file permissions correct so that files are readably by file's group (or
everyone). That has to be done manually by creating proper symlinks and
dovecot-shared file. There's no support for actual ACLs, and it's not
planned before 1.0.