[Dovecot] Fedora 1 packaged version or upgrade to newest dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 2 18:47:07 EEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 10:30, Jens Gutzeit wrote:
> Timo, I have the same problem with dovecot, I have to restart it
> sometimes, mostly each week or so. I'm using a script to automaticaly
> check if dovecot is responding and restart it if not, is there
> any information I could let the script grab from the system to help
> you fixing this problem?

What exactly does "isn't responding" mean? Does it accept a TCP
connection? Does it send "Dovecot ready" message? Or doesn't it just
authenticate? What operating system is this?

And when it's stuck:

Is there anything in logs? Can you list the used file descriptors by
dovecot master process? What about getting a strace of the dovecot
process? Or if it's auth problem, those things for dovecot-auth process.
Do imap-login processes exist? What about straceing them?