[Dovecot] Advice on converting from Mbox to Maildir?

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Wed Jun 2 21:11:13 EEST 2004

Does anyone have advice or pointers on good documentation on how to
convert a system from using the Mbox format to using Maildir?

I recently upgraded to Fedora Core 2 from Fedora Core 1 and discovered
that UW-IMAP was gone.  So I switched over to using Dovecot.  So far so
good.

But I would like to convert my system to start using the Maildir format.

How easy is this to accomplish?

Can I keep my Inbox /var/spool/mail/user_name as an mbox format and have
my other folders as Maildir?

What would I have to change for Sendmail to make it use Maildir for the
Inbox?

Can procmail support Maildir?

Any pointers or help would be much appreciated?

John