[Dovecot] Loggin error with Squirrelmail on Fedore Core 2

Antonio Nunes antonio.nunes at lifefoundation.org.uk
Thu Jun 3 19:45:11 EEST 2004

Timo wrote:

This is because by default Dovecot detects mailbox locations, and if some
user doesn't have /var/mail/user mbox file, Dovecot doesn't know what to
do. So alternative to the above kludge is to modify configuration file:
default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

Thanks Timo. It turned out that my batch-file created users were not
working correctly on the system at all, so it was not a Dovecot issue. I
recreated our users by hand (fortunately they're not too many) and it
seems to be OK now with SquirrelMail.

I am currently experiencing another issue, but I'll start a separate
thread on that.

Best wishes,
Antonio Nunes

The best way of seeing divine light, is to put out your own little candle.