[Dovecot] Maildir + Evolution

mkortela at cc.hut.fi mkortela at cc.hut.fi
Fri Jun 18 13:00:28 EEST 2004

I don't know if this is an Evolution bug or not, but when I use the
maildir format with Dovecot 0.99.10p2 (from OpenBSD packages collection)
and connect to it from Evolution 1.4 using IMAP, Evolution displays
subfolders incorrectly. It actually does not show any subfolders, only
root folders with names like "Folder.Subfolder" and
"Folder.Subfolder.Subsubfolder".  There's no such problem when using
traditional mailboxes. Is this an Evolution bug or one of Dovecot's? I had
thought the IMAP protocol should act the same no matter which mail dir
structure was used...

--
Mikko Kortelainen
mkortela at cc.hut.fi