[Dovecot] debian unstable : mutt polling imap mailboxes

Kai Hendry hendry at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 2 17:03:24 EET 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:19:10PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > I use courier IMAP at school, and I have not experienced this problem. A
> > bug with dovecot or mutt?
>
> It's most likely a Dovecot bug, possibly related to somewhat broken
> RECENT count handling. I can't reproduce it though, do you have to tell
> mutt somehow to check the new mails?

You tell mutt to poll mailboxes with the mailboxes directive in the
configuration file .muttrc:

For example mutt will check poll these mailboxes on my host for new
mail:

mailboxes {hendry at daidalos.pannuhuone.org/ssl}
mailboxes imaps://hendry@daidalos.pannuhuone.org/prazefarm
mailboxes imaps://hendry@daidalos.pannuhuone.org/rss

Doc:
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.11

I use maildrop to filter the mail into respective mailboxes.