[Dovecot] imap MUA received

Payton payton at repligen.com
Thu Mar 4 18:10:03 EET 2004

Does anyone know where MUAs like Outlook, Entourage, and Mail.app get
their 'Received' or 'Date Received' information from? It certainly doesn't
appear to correspond with the mail headers, at least in my case, so I'm
guessing it's possibly getting that data from the IMAP server?

My mail clients (MUAs) show the 'Receieved' time as 5 hours off.
I have qmail running as my MTA, and since it stamps emails' "Received"
header with time in GMT (-0000) and I'm in EST (-0500) I thought that was
the problem. However, I patched qmail to set the headers in -0500 instead,
which worked as far as I can tell, but the MUAs *still* report the time
incorrectly! (Time on both the client and the server are correct as well.)

Here is my setup:
dovecot running pop/imap
mbox files (yes, i know this is bad)
qmail as my MTA (used to list time as GMT in headers, but I patched it
and now the headers list time in the local zone instead)

--
;; Payton Swick             ;;
;; Repligen Corporation     ;;