[Dovecot] RE: Locking problem

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Sat Mar 20 19:37:45 EET 2004

Running dovecot on Solaris 8 sparc with SylpheedClaws as the MUA.

I tried moving to many messages from a folder to my maildir folder,
which is a local directory on the dovecot server.

Now, I cannot open the folder due to this message:
'Mar 20 10:26:15 sws601.mcsun.local imap(amoore): [ID 702911 mail.error]
Timeout while waiting for release of shared fcntl() lock for index file
/var/indexes//amoore/.Spam.Spam Archive/.imap.index'

How do I get the lock released?  I changed some timeout settings in
dovecot.conf, but that did not help.  Every time that I click this
particular folder in my MUA, the screen locks up.

Thanks, Alex