[Dovecot] imap indexing error when moving multiple mails

Olivier Tharan olive at pasteur.fr
Tue Mar 30 23:17:22 EEST 2004

* Hauke Fath <hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de> (20040325 15:19):
> could be relevant. Anyway - from time to time when I move a bunch of
> mails ( < 1) from a mailbox to another (or to the trash), the client
> (I've seen it with Eudora 6 on a  Mac, with Mozilla 1.6 and Sylpheed
> on NetBSD) reports an "internal error" and the maillog shows
>
> Mar 25 14:07:33 bounce imap-login: Login: hf [130.83.xxx.yyy]
> Mar 25 14:07:44 bounce imap(hf): Error indexing mbox file
> /home/hf/Mail/Leute/Marc Wirth: LF not found where expected
> Mar 25 14:09:30 bounce imap(hf): Error indexing mbox file
> /home/hf/Mail/Leute/Marc Wirth: LF not found where expected

FWIW, I have the same exact problem. This happens when
`expunging' a mbox or QUIT-ting a POP3 session. The consequence
is the email is not deleted (good), the next fetchmail will get
another, identical message.

A non-informative message is displayed according to the
mail_storage_set_critical() func in lib-storage/mail-storage.c
and the actual error is not logged.

Wouldn't there be a problem with the call to this function in
lib-storage/index/mbox/mbox-storage.c, line 496? The second
argument should be a vprintf() format string.

--
olive