[Dovecot] dovecot not reconnecting to ldap after ldap restart

Jared redjar at redjar.org
Wed Mar 31 17:35:44 EEST 2004

I'm happy to accept suggestions about why my setup would cause this
problem, but as I said, the only thing that has changed is the upgrade
to dovecot.  And both LDAP, and stunnel are working fine with all other
services after the LDAP server is restarted.

It's been a while since I set everything up, but if I recall correctly,
we used stunnel for a couple reasons.  The default ldap related woody
packages (at least when I set it up) did not have SSL/TLS compiled in.
I made my own ldap debs with SSL/TLS support, but we still had problems
with SSH using PAM and LDAP with SSL/TLS.  The server would freeze.  I
confirmed this bug with others.  I've never had any problems with
stunnel.

Thanks,

-jared