[Dovecot] Unread mail problem

Mark Lidstone mlidstone at bmtseatech.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 17:41:52 EET 2004

Hi Clinton,

I've come across the same problem several times before - Outlook keeps
messing up it's list of seen UIDLs.  Try using Thunderbird instead.  I
moved a load of people in our company to Thunderbird because they kept
having that problem and it's not happened for them since.

As a matter of interest - I've seen both Outlook and Outlook Express do
this on dovecot, mercury/32 and Exchange (when using pop3 for pickup).

I hope this helps,

Mark Lidstone
IT and Network Support Administrator

BMT SeaTech Ltd
Grove House, Meridians Cross, 7 Ocean Way
Ocean Village, Southampton.  SO14 3TJ. UK
Tel: +44 (0)23 8063 5122
Fax: +44 (0)23 8063 5144

E-Mail:  mailto:mark.lidstone at bmtseatech.co.uk
Website: www.bmtseatech.co.uk
==
Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for
the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one
of those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it
or
to copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you
should please delete it from your system. BMT SeaTech Limited does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this
e-mail
or its attachments which arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor
accept liability for statements which are those of the author and not
clearly made on behalf of BMT SeaTech Limited.
==