[Dovecot] dovecot 1.0-test52 compile notes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 8 04:12:06 EET 2004

On 6.11.2004, at 22:45, Mark E. Mallett wrote:

> Compile issues on an older BSD/OS 4.2 system:
>
> src/lib/byteorder.h
>   needs  #include <netinet/in.h>  to pick up in_addr struct

For the arpa/inet.h include? Actually that is a wrong include anyway
there, it should be just netinet/in.h to get the htons() etc. defined.

> src/lib/byteorder.c
>   no "libgen" here (no basename()).  Added it inline, no big
>   deal, but you might want to have configure test for this and
>   provide one if it's missing.

Huh? libgen? basename? That file doesn't use either of them.

In any case byteorder.* files aren't needed anymore, I guess I should
just remove them until they're needed again (if ever).

> Also, on this system there are no types like "uint8_t" and
> "uint64_t" -- instead there are the u_int8_t and u_int64_t et al
> types.  I added some global typedefs, but I gather this is a
> somewhat common issue, so you might want to test for these.

Perhaps.. They are a standard with any C99 compiler though.