[Dovecot] (mail_index_expunge): assertion failed: (!t->view->external)

michael at crosscode.org michael at crosscode.org
Mon Nov 15 19:37:17 EET 2004

   I see the same problem, and I assume it's a bug somewhere in the delteion
code because about 50% of the time I *also* see this error:

dovecot: Nov 15 12:25:59 Error: IMAP(user at domain.com): mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox virtual/domain.com/user (114 > 113)
dovecot: Nov 15 12:25:59 Error: IMAP(user at domain.com): file mail-index-transaction.c: line 247 (mail_index_expunge): assertion failed: (!t->view->external)

   And in order to fix this error I have to open up the mailbox, find the
message with ID 113, and delete the partially deleted message that got stuck
after it. *Then* I can delete the index files and go on.

This is on linux 2.6.8.1, dovecot test-52 and mbox.

- Michael