[Dovecot] Only one malfunction in months - now running dovecot-1.0-test52

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 05:39:13 EET 2004

Dont think there has been even one failure in some months of use
but tonight we're seeing this running test-52

While running squirrelmail 1.5.1-CVS a certain message causes:

dovecot: Nov 17 22:25:14 Error: IMAP(kimc): file ostream-file.c: line
643 (_send_istream): assertion failed: (instream->v_offset <=
in_size)
dovecot: Nov 17 22:25:14 Error: child 72172 (imap) killed with signal
6

FWIW squirrelmail shows:

ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
Query: FETCH 5 BODY[1]

If I retrieve the message with Outlook, it shows the message
has no text and a single jpeg attachment.