[Dovecot] Rebuilind help

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Nov 18 05:33:18 EET 2004

Clinton Mills wrote:
> Okay see if you can see what I am doing wrong?
...snip...

> *Any ideas on why it is looking in /usr/local?*
>
> * *
>
> *Thanks*

Clinton,

  I'd suggest doing a 'make clean' before re-running configure.
configure caches certain information, and there may have been some parts
of the source tree that weren't updated by the re-running of configure
and thus not re-compiled (as it was determined that those portions
didn't require a recompile) ...

using 'make clean' will wipe out all the compiled objects in the source
tree and basically give you a clean slate to start with.

if you still have problems you can try 'make distclean' which basically
puts the source tree into a state that it was in when you untarred it.

hope this helps

alan