[Dovecot] Error in IMAP command GETACL: Unknown command..

Andrey Panin pazke at donpac.ru
Wed Nov 24 07:48:46 EET 2004

On 328, 11 23, 2004 at 06:56:46 +0100, Ingo Lantschner (Lists) wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have just installed dovecot on my Fedora Core 2 box. I would like to
> use it only for reading archived email from within my Mozilla 1.7.3.
>
> I syminked my old opera-files (*.mbs whoch seems to be same as mbox)
> into ~/mail. Seems to work fine, mostly I can open the mailfiles -
> sometimes it hangs with the following error:
>
> 	The current command did not succeed. The mailserver responded:
> 	Error in IMAP command GETACL: Unknown command..
>
> And then:
> 	The current command did not succeed. The mailserver responded:
> 	Error in IMAP command MYRIGHTS: Unknown command..
>
> ALthough I searched in Google and in the Wiki on dovecot, I did not find
> any hint - am I the first with this problem?

For unknown reason your mail client tries to use IMAP4 ACL extension
(RFC-2086) which isn't supported by Dovecot. IMHO you should report
bug to Mozilla developers, IMAP client should not use IMAP extension
which wasn't advertised by the server.

--
Andrey Panin		| Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke at donpac.ru		| PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net