[Dovecot] Cannot see contents of ~/mail folder

Saurabh Barve sa at atmos.colostate.edu
Wed Nov 24 19:52:59 EET 2004

Thanks for all the suggestions! Alan was right. Changing the
.subscriptions file to include the old folders worked. I can see all the
folders in my 'mail' folder now. Thanks!!

Ii have another question, though. I am trying to set up secure IMAP on
this server. I have generated a certificate for the same name as the
machine name. I read somewhere that it is not the wisest thing to do;
that I should generate a certificate for a generic name, like
mail.example.com in dovecot-openssl.conf. Can I pick any name I want? I
know that my machine name is unique, but there might be another
certificate with the same name somewhere? How do I know/resolve that? Or
can I enter any value I want for the CN field in dovecot-openssl.conf?

Thanks,
Saurabh.