[Dovecot] 1.0-test53

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 29 18:59:33 EET 2004

On 29.11.2004, at 17:28, Johannes Berg wrote:

> There's been an extensive thread/review of it on the gnu-arch mailing
> list, but of course as one of the competitors we (on that mailing list)
> rather view darcs as a competitor. I've come out of that with the
> conclusion that while a really nice tool to use, darcs is too much a
> memory hog for me to use.

I don't see it as such a big issue. It's all in the client side anyway
as the server does nothing but transfer the files. That's one reason I
like it so much, it's simple and it doesn't require any complicated
server setups. I'll just put the tree somewhere accessible with sftp
and http and that's it.

> That said, here's the obvious: be sure to investigate gnu arch,
> whether it
> is as tla or baz (bazaar).

arch was my previous potential alternative, but I never got around
feeling it was worth it to switch from CVS. Perhaps baz makes the user
interface easier to use, but it still just doesn't feel as pretty and
clean as Darcs :)