[Dovecot] timeout when retrieving folder list w/ Evolution 2.0?

leon breedt bitserf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 00:57:50 EEST 2004

hi,

i have a problem with some maildir folders, where Evolution times out
when retrieving the header list. It only happens with one particular
folder, but i can't seem to find a pattern behind it. The amount of
headers it does manage to retrieve varies, from between 3% to 50%.

Its not a particularly large folder either (only 520 messages).

The error message I get from Evolution is "Server response ended too soon".

I did an Ethereal trace, and the closest IMAP command before the failure is:

FLAGS (\Answered \Seen) RFC822.SIZE xxx INTERNALDATE "xxx" UID nnn)\r\n

its a different UID value that fails each time though. after this
response from the server, it seems to get through the message header
(not sure if the entire message header was sent back).

i'll keep this folder around as a test case. any ideas on where to
start debugging? i'm fairly familiar with C and gdb.

leon