[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot, Outlook Express and new accounts

news.gmane.org chills at ne-worcs.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 15:49:26 EEST 2004

Marius Stan wrote:

> news.gmane.org wrote:
>

>> If it is not a bug, is there a workaround?
>

> My workaround is to send a test email every time I create a new account.
> My mail server (exim) auto-creates this required dir.
>
> Marius

Thanks Marius.

Would you mind sharing your pertinent exim configuration? This is
something else I have had trouble with; sending email to a new user who
has not logged in, exim shows the following:-

2004-09-01 13:45:36 1C2UUa-0006HI-IE == username at domain.gtld
R=userforward defer (-1): failed to stat /home/group/username/. (No such
file or directory)

Exim is configured to deliver emails into $home.

Regards

--
Chris Hills
IT Services