[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot, Outlook Express and new accounts

Marius Stan mstan at asesoft.ro
Wed Sep 1 15:56:45 EEST 2004

news.gmane.org wrote:

> Thanks Marius.
>
> Would you mind sharing your pertinent exim configuration? This is
> something else I have had trouble with; sending email to a new user
> who has not logged in, exim shows the following:-
>
> 2004-09-01 13:45:36 1C2UUa-0006HI-IE == username at domain.gtld
> R=userforward defer (-1): failed to stat /home/group/username/. (No
> such file or directory)
>
> Exim is configured to deliver emails into $home.

Looks like you deliver emails to 'real' users; I don't know if this
applies to your setup, since I'm using virtual users, but here's my
relevant transport:

maildir_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
  directory = /var/mail/$domain/$local_part
  maildir_format
  create_directory
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add