[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot, Outlook Express and new accounts

news.gmane.org chills at ne-worcs.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 16:10:05 EEST 2004

Marius Stan wrote:

> news.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> Thanks Marius.
>>
>> Would you mind sharing your pertinent exim configuration? This is
>> something else I have had trouble with; sending email to a new user
>> who has not logged in, exim shows the following:-
>>
>> 2004-09-01 13:45:36 1C2UUa-0006HI-IE == username at domain.gtld
>> R=userforward defer (-1): failed to stat /home/group/username/. (No
>> such file or directory)
>>
>> Exim is configured to deliver emails into $home.
>>
> Looks like you deliver emails to 'real' users; I don't know if this
> applies to your setup, since I'm using virtual users, but here's my
> relevant transport:
>
> maildir_delivery:
>  driver = appendfile
>  directory = /var/mail/$domain/$local_part
>  maildir_format
>  create_directory
>  delivery_date_add
>  envelope_to_add
>  return_path_add
>  user = exim
>  group = mail
>  mode = 0660
>  directory_mode = 0770
>
> HTH,
> Marius

Marius

Mine is

local_delivery:
   driver = appendfile
   delivery_date_add
   envelope_to_add
   return_path_add
   mode = 0660
   directory_mode = 0770
   directory = $home
   maildir_format
   create_directory

I noticed I did not have the create_directory directive, which I added,
but to no avail :/ (Yes I did restart exim!)

Regards

--
Chris Hills
IT Services