[Dovecot] 1.0-test38

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Thu Sep 2 20:54:55 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> There are still some crashes and I don't remember if I fixed a problem
> with mboxes where expunging mails while new mails were coming caused
> some breakages.. but I can't reproduce it anymore. Anyway I think that
> could be fixed with disabling dirty syncs.

I can get cache file to corrupt by moving messages around in IMAP folders,
(deleting, copying, deleting, etc) while MTA is delivering new mail.

dovecot: Sep 02 20:30:47 Error: child 953 (imap) killed with signal 11
dovecot: Sep 02 20:31:01 Error: IMAP(joe): Cached message offset 13875 is
invalid for mbox file /var/mail/joe
dovecot: Sep 02 20:31:01 Info: imap-login: Login: joe [x.x.x.x]
dovecot: Sep 02 20:31:01 Error: IMAP(joe): Corrupted index cache file
/home/joe/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.cache: indexid changed

This is with mbox and with "mbox_dirty_syncs = no".

--
Tomi Hakala