[Dovecot] link() problem with dovecot-imapd

James Ray jamesr at pethippo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 21:04:18 EEST 2004

	I'm having a few problems with dovecot-imapd (installed from debian
unstable) and am after some much needed help, all is set up and
configured, except for this final problem of when I try and move or copy
a message from one Maildir to another. I have the option
"maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = no" in the the dovecot.conf file but it
still seems to be trying to link() the file instead of doing a proper copy.
	There is a log fragment below for when I try to do a move, the FS that
my Maildir is on doesn't support link() hence the problem. It seems to
be doing a proper copy to get it into the tmp/ part of the Maildir and
then a link() to put it in new/.
	Any ideas on how to cure this?

Log output;l
-- Sep  2 18:44:29 indulgence imap(jamesr):
link(/home/jamesr/Mail/Maildir/.INBOX.Trash/tmp/1094147066.P2339Q0M915274.indulgence,
/home/jamesr/Mail/Maildir/.INBOX.Trash/new/1094147066.P2339Q0M915274.indulgence:2,Sa)
failed: Operation not permitted

James 'BR' Ray
         - EMail	: jamesr at pethippo.co.uk (Primary)
	- EMail	: j.ray at herts.ac.uk	(University)