[Dovecot] mail location questions

Chris metrion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:34:12 EEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm reading the docs and confs and it's not quite sinking in, mostly
cuz I've been reading IMAP docs for a week now trying to find one that
I want.  :)

I have a mail server that will have about 800 webmail users without
actual home directories. Can I set up the IMAP dir in another
location, like /var/imap, where everyone can read/store their mail? Or
just use the /var/spool/mail/<user> mbox file and make a sub dir for
the indexing files?

Sorry if this is basic, all I saw was ~/Maildir locs.  :P

Thanks!