[Dovecot] Logging IMAP transactions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 16 18:11:29 EEST 2004

"rawlog". See bottom of http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

> My problem is that Mulberry is displaying some complex MIME structures
> incorrectly (eg. nested/forwarded messages) but it seems to go away if
> I close a folder and re-open it. I'm suspecting that Dovecot is
> reporting the wrong structure on first access and then fixes something
> on subsequent accesses. I'd like to log the FETCH result with the
> structure information to see if I can spot this happening.

0.99.10.8 release fixed some problems with it. Are you using it or
newer?

The difference between first access and next one is that first access
builds the reply right then while subsequent accesses use cached
replies. In some cases they're handled differently.