[Dovecot] Logging IMAP transactions

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Sep 17 04:08:46 EEST 2004

--On Thursday, September 16, 2004 6:11 PM +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
wrote:

> "rawlog". See bottom of http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

Thanks, that looks like just what I need.

> 0.99.10.8 release fixed some problems with it. Are you using it or newer?

dovecot-0.99.10.9-1.FC3.2

I updated to that based on a similar question to the list earlier.

> The difference between first access and next one is that first access
> builds the reply right then while subsequent accesses use cached replies.
> In some cases they're handled differently.

Does Dovecot start a new process per folder? (Might be that that's a client
issue, based on if Mulberry starts a new connection.) I'm seeing the
problem fix itself if I close the folder and re-open it, without exiting
the client. But I don't think it's consistent.