[Dovecot] problems with ldap auth

Nuno Lopes nuno.lopes at portugalmail.pt
Thu Sep 16 22:29:10 EEST 2004

I'm trying Dovecot v1.0-test43 with ldap authentication but can't seem
to make it work. I'm getting the following errors in the log:
dovecot: Sep 16 19:50:09 Info: Dovecot v1.0-test43 starting up
dovecot: Sep 16 19:50:10 Error: Auth process died too early - shutting down

What can I do to see where the error is?
I have this configuration working with dovecot 0.99.xx . And if I
replace the ldap authentication scheme with another one it starts up
right. Following some past mailing list sugestions I've also tried
removing most of the auth modules from the compilation but it made no
diference.

You can see my configuration files in:
http://iluvatar.portugalmail.pt/dovecot/dovecot.conf
http://iluvatar.portugalmail.pt/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

(I've intalled the binaries in /opt/dovecot)

Don't know how much more data I can provide to help finding out what the
problem is here (I think this won't be enough unless there's a known bug).

Thanks,
--
Nuno Lopes