[Dovecot] Re: FreeBSD port of Dovecot

Robin Breathe robin+dovecot at isometry.net
Fri Sep 17 15:10:26 EEST 2004

Viren Patel wrote:
> Hello. I am trying to install Dovecot 0.99.10.9 on a
> FreeBSD 4.10 system from the ports collection (latest via
> cvsup). When running make, I get the message:
>
>    dovecot-0.99.10.9 Currently incompatible with
>    security/gnutls
>
> This is in contrast to the Dovecot web page which states
> that it does support GNUtls and OpenSSL.
>
> I am not really interested in gnutls/openssl support at
> this time. Is there a way I can install this port without
> gnutls/openssl?.

Viren,

It seems you configured the port to install with (experimental) GnuTLS
support. The GnuTLS port currently doesn't contain a couple of required
entry points. The compile without GnuTLS, change to the port directory
and issue the command "make config", uncheck GNUTLS, and proceed as
normal. Alternately, delete the /var/db/ports/dovecot directory and its
contents.

On a related note, if you'd rather have dovecot-0.99.11, apply this patch:

Regards,
- Robin