[Dovecot] problems building / starting test40 + test42

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Fri Sep 17 02:33:13 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 15.9.2004, at 02:18, Curtis Maloney wrote:
>

> Dovecot group has nothing to do with GIDs used by imap process.
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/UserIds should help you understand them.

Yeah, I didn't think it would, but I was trying whatever I could find...

> The problem is you're trying to log in as user who has primary group
> been set to wheel (ie. gid 0). There's two possible fixes:

No, I'm not.  There is no "wheel" on a Solaris box.  Additionally, I'm not
getting a chance for _anyone_ to log in.  The auth process dies immediately at
startup.

b) Set first_valid_gid = 0 and Dovecot allows it

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net