[Dovecot] Nested folders

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Sep 22 10:36:09 EEST 2004

Melinda Taylor wrote:
> Sorry I probably didn't explain myself well enough. I know *how* to
> create folders in the clients it just that making nested folders which
> contain both mail and subfolders is not allowed. I guessed it had
> something to do with mbox vs maildir but where do you specify the use of
> maildir over mbox.
>
> I tried setting:
>
> default_mail_env = maildir:/home/%u/mail
>
> in dovecot.conf and it still wouldn't allow me to make nested folders.
>
> Ta :)
>
> melinda

Melinda,

   what local delivery agent (LDA) are you using? you'll most likely
need to configure *it* to use Maildir format as well.

my setup uses procmail as the LDA and I've configured the
/etc/procmailrc file with "DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/" (note trailing slash)
to tell it to use Maildir format.

it may be that simple.  please check the appropriate documentation for
the applications you're using.

hope this helps

alan