[Dovecot] more verbose debugging with test45

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 16:13:39 EEST 2004

Greetings-

Is there any way to increase the logging output
of dovecot ?

I've set auth_verbose and auth_debug = yes

The only output is a single line to syslog mail.info:

Sep 23 09:01:54 server dovecot: pop3-login: Login: me [ip.is.here.00]

test45 doesn't appear to have the --rawlog configuration option

There is nothing written to ~/dovecot.rawlog

Tried setting ~/dovecot.rawlog mode to 777

Running FreeBSD-5.3 and dovecot-1.0-test45

dovecot is using passwd auth and pop3s for test purposes
and appears to be working correctly otherwise

The reason I think I need this is that I don't feel
comfortable putting this into production as it is
a 'black box' at this point, without a little more testing..

Any help here would be very greatly appreciated

-kim