[Dovecot] more verbose debugging with test45

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Sep 24 15:48:12 EEST 2004

On 23.9.2004, at 16:13, Kim Culhan wrote:

> Is there any way to increase the logging output
> of dovecot ?
>
> I've set auth_verbose and auth_debug = yes

Those are pretty much all there is. I haven't really decided how much
logging I want Dovecot to do and what it should log. Too many log
messages just seem bloat.

> test45 doesn't appear to have the --rawlog configuration option

It doesn't. There's a new rawlog binary which can be used by setting
mail_executable, for example:

  mail_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/rawlog
/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap

> The reason I think I need this is that I don't feel
> comfortable putting this into production as it is
> a 'black box' at this point, without a little more testing..

It may not be yet production ready. If you're using mboxes I'd still
wait a bit. With maildir I've noticed that my sent mails don't get
saved to Sent-folder anymore. I'll look into that soon..