[Dovecot] Thunderbird 0.8 - Inbox grayed out and does not update

Sitapati das sitapati at worldsankirtan.net
Mon Sep 27 06:39:15 EEST 2004

Hi all,

I cannot get Thunderbird 0.8 to work with my dovecot IMAP server. It
works fine with my work IMAP account - I'm not sure what they are using.

What happens is that folders that I create in Thunderbird or Evolution
can only contain subfolders or messages, not a combination of both.

Folders which contain subfolders and not messages show up in Thunderbird
grayed out. I can expand them and view the subfolders and the messages
within those.

The Inbox however, also shows up grayed out. When I look inside I can
see the messages that were there when I created the IMAP account in
Thunderbird, however, no new messages arrive, even after restarting
Thunderbird.

If I connect with Evolution 1.4 I can read the inbox without a problem.

Has anyone seen this?

warm regards,
Joshua