[Dovecot] evolution and received by header

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Thu Sep 30 00:30:48 EEST 2004

Evolution has a nice feature where it can sort messages by the most
recent received-by date, instead of the Date: header.

This is nice, because then if something gets stuck on a server somewhere
in the world for a couple of days, it shows up at the end of your mail
list, instead of way back where you might miss it.

However, when using dovecot with evo, if I sort of received by instead
of date, it takes forever.  I assume this is because date is indexed,
and received by is not.

So the natural question becomes, is there a way of getting dovecot to
index received by?

TIA.