[Dovecot] Concerned about Dovecot's new NTLM code (Modified by Timo Sirainen)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 29 20:52:59 EEST 2004

(resend)

On 29.9.2004, at 20:37, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Have you considered also separating the Mailbox access routines?

They are more or less separated already, but I don't know how useful it
would be to create a separate library distribution from them. That is
what takes most of the space in Dovecot distribution anyway..

Oh, and after v1.0 I'll probably start fixing the mailbox APIs too.
lib-index and lib-storage needs to have different kind of relationship.

> It would be marvelous if at some point being able to replace c-client
> library to your optimized one for PHP, mailsync, postman, aolserver and
> others - even if it means loosing support for odd mailbox formats.

I'm not sure what kind of API PHP provides for c-client. I know it's
commonly used for building IMAP webmails, but Dovecot doesn't have any
IMAP client code and maybe never will.