[Dovecot] Nested folders

Michael Irons michael at electricmonk.us
Sun Apr 3 18:51:00 EEST 2005

I would like to have nested folders that users could create from their MUA.
The problem is that I cannot create sub folders either through the MUA or by
hand on the server side.

I can make folders that are not the subfolder of anything. I have an Inbox,
Mailing Lists, Spam, Trash, etc. But I cannot create subfolders of these. For
example, I would like a subfolder under Mailing Lists for each Mailing list
that I have subscribed. I am using Postfix that delivers directly to procmail
which puts mails into Maildir style mail boxes in each users home directory.
I am using the dovecot-0.99.13-4.FC2 rpm if that helps. I am sure that there
would be some information about this somewhere, but I haven't found it in the
mailing lists or googling around. The only information I have been able to
find is that dovecot reportedly supports this.

Thanks,
Mike