[Dovecot] no password reply

Marc Baudoin babafou at pasteur.fr
Mon Apr 18 12:31:48 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> écrit :
> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 20:57 +0600, Askar wrote:
> > "dovecot-auth: ldap(branch): No password in reply"
> >
> > Is this Freebsd error , or active directory is not configured correctly
> > or dovecot bug?
>
> It means Dovecot's LDAP support is broken currently in 1.0-tests. I've
> forgotten my test LDAP server's admin password and couldn't figure out
> how to change it, so I'm waiting for someone else to fix this :)
> OpenLDAP is annoying.

But LDAP is increasingly used to provide a central password
repository (for e-mail, Web interfaces, etc.).  It is a mandatory
requirement for servers that use authentication, such as Dovecot.

--
Marc Baudoin           |   Institut Pasteur
<babafou at pasteur.fr>   |   Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau