[Dovecot] creating subfolders without preceding inbox wanted?

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Fri Apr 22 22:20:27 EEST 2005

Hello,

today I accidentally created a subfolder "Trash" instead of INBOX.Trash.
No error was given, the creation lead to the folder ".Trash". If I know
this folder, I can also select it. But a "list * * " doesn't show the
Trash folder. How could I ever find this folder by the imap-procotol if
I don't know it's name? Is this the correct behaviour? Or shouldn't imap
simply disallow the creation of such folders, but only with preceding
"INBOX."?

Regards
Marten