[Dovecot] Dovecot Stable (or: When is 1.0 coming to a server near you?)

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 26 04:20:16 EEST 2005

I'm mainly just curious, but what version of dovecot is considered to be
stable enough to be running in a production environment?

We're running the 0.99.13 version shipped with FC3 and, while
experiencing great performance gains over UW-IMAP, we have hit a couple
of snags here and there (random and infrequent characters at the
beginning of a mailbox, periodic duplication of a message here and
there, etc).  I figure we should upgrade to something a bit more
current, but I am not sure what the "recommended" verion would be..

Also, perhaps more important, what's the roadmap to getting 1.0
finalized?  What's the timeframe?  :-)

-Rich