[Dovecot] Fresh Dovecot Install

GPL linuxlistreader at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:08:45 EEST 2005

Working on an RH9 box. Did not use yum.

Downloaded the "dovecot-stable-latest.tar.gz". Uncompressed it,
downloaded and installed gcc. Ran the following:

./configure
make
sudo make install

Seemed to have done its thing. I'll admit I am not well versed in
using "make" or compiling anything. When I install I usually use yum
on fedora machines. This one being an RH9 machine I have plugged yum
into the fedora legacy project and it did not let me install dovecot
via yum. So I opted for this route.

Regardless, if I run 'which dovecot' I see "/usr/local/sbin/dovecot"
However now I do not seem to be able to see it run.

I get nothing when I:

rpm -qa | grep dovecot
ps aux | grep dovecot
service dovecot status

SO AM HAVE MISSED SOMETHING!

Is there another script I need to run? Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
George