[Dovecot] dovecot 0.99.xx to 1.0-stable how-to?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Apr 27 04:02:51 EEST 2005

>Getting a few minutes old 1.0-stable would also be useful to avoid the
>mbox performance problems that I managed to put into it a few days
>ago :)

I had been following the threads, so I was keeping my eye out for a
stable "stable" release. :)

>>However, it wouldn't authenticate any users..  Backing down to the
>>0.99.14 version that we had installed allowed for authentication
>>(against ldap) to work just fine..
>>
>>Is there anything that I should be looking for within the
>>dovecot-1.0-stable that is dramatically different in regards to user
>>authentication?

I discovered that the SPEC file that I used to build my RPM (after some
minor modification to the SPEC file to properly handle the stable
release numbers (date specific)) created imap, imaps, pop3, pop3s in
/etc/pam.d, but didn't create a "dovecot" file (which is really all it
needs).  I symbolically linked dovecot to point to imap, restarted
dovecot, and all was well.

I looked at the "Upgrade" link you pointed me to, specifically
mentioning that the .subscriptions file had changed to "subscriptions"
(minus the initial period).. I didn't have a chance to change mine
before my latest tests, but all of my "subscribed" folders came up just
fine.  Odd..

-Rich