[Dovecot] Fresh Dovecot Install

John Schettino john.schettino at hp.com
Tue Apr 26 22:43:48 EEST 2005

Yep - I did a source install *after* installing the Fedora Core 2
version (.99something) via yum.

You may have better luck doing that if you can find an RPM for dovecot
for RH9 - then all you'll need to do is make a symlink from
/usr/sbin/dovecot (move aside the RPM version first) to
/usr/local/sbin/dovecot (your built-from-source version) after you make
install dovecot from source, and the service scripts for the Redhat
dovecot build will (probably) work.