[Dovecot] Why is "UIDVALIDITY changed" fatal?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 27 00:35:10 EEST 2005

Pseudo mail caused this one too. I'll have to remember to start testing
changes with mboxes having it too. Fixed it in 1.0-stable and tests.

But anyway if you have both UW-IMAP/Pine accessing the mbox at the same
time as Dovecot, there can still be problems with flag changes getting
lost. With mbox_lazy_writes=no you could get Dovecot to show changes to
Pine earlier, but Pine doesn't have an option to do the same for
Dovecot.

Those UID errors sound a bit troubling.. Hopefully they were fixed with
this change. I don't think it should happen even if there's lots of
mixed Dovecot/Pine/UW users accessing the same mbox..