[Dovecot] Setting location for indexes

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu Apr 28 04:01:04 EEST 2005

Thomas Wouters wrote:
>>(b) is there a way to specify with the 'default_mail_env' (or in some other way)
>>the location of **only** the indexes (and let dovecot autodetect all else?).
>

> Haven't figured that one out myself either :)

can't you just append  :INDEX=/some/path  to your default_mail_env ?
just like you can have :INBOX=/where/ever
So, if you had Maildirs in /home/nfs/%u/ and indexes in /home/%u , with mail
delivered to /var/mail/%u you could use:

default_mail_env = maildir:/home/nfs/%u:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=/home/%u

or is it INDEXES?  It's been a while since I've looked at any of this.. .Dovecot
has very much been a "set and forget" for me... the way I like it :)

--
Curtis