auth sig11 with gdb bt (Was: Re: [Dovecot] debs for 1.0?)

Lorens dovecot.fdop at tagged.lorens.org
Thu Aug 4 10:48:56 EEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 04:33:39PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> One thing that has changed is the configuration is
> in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf instead of /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
> .
> You may need to need to edit that.

Sure, I saw that, thought that since the file name is
given in the main config file I wouldn't modify the file
name but would edit the file instead, compared the two,
decided it would be easier to insert the values I knew
in the new file, and thus painstakingly doublechecking
everything I modified dovecot-sql.conf with the values from
dovecot-mysql.conf while leaving dovecot.conf pointing to
dovecot-mysql.conf. Whimper. Edited dovecot.conf to point to
dovecot-sql.conf, and now everything is up and running OK, and
I've got my Courier UIDLs. isync complains about uidvalidity
having changed, but I'll research that.

The, ummm, error message *could* be improved somewhat though :-)

Especially since it was brought about by using .99 config files
with 1.0 binary, and that's likely to happen to others than
me! Some .deb "pre" scripts could come in useful.

Thanks for the help (and for the software!)