[Dovecot] debs for 1.0?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at gadot.fdns.net
Fri Aug 12 18:30:03 EEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 03:47:22PM +0200, Lorens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 0.99 is running nicely on my sarges, but I need
> pop3_uidl_format = %f for Courier compatibility.
>
> I can't find any debs more recent than test22 of over a year ago
> (those are at http://src.braincells.com/dovecot-test/).
>
> Even though google turns up
>
> 	http://hemma.tobbe.nu/debian/mini-dinstall/incoming/dovecot_1.0.test46-1_i386.changes
>
> searching for dovecot on packages.debian.org (any distribution
> or source) only yields 0.99.14 and 0.99.20050712.
>
> I know Jaldhar called for vounteers to take over, but I don't
> feel qualified... but I've managed to do away with all non-deb
> installations, so if I have to I'll make a .deb myself, is there
> maybe an already-written script to do that with dovecot?
>
> Thanks for suggestions.

I'm not sure Dovecot-testing is ready for sid yet. I have packages of
-test77 on my pet server. Upgrading test73->test76->test77 was simple
enough, so the packages are probably good enough.

I didn't bother much with clean-ups. So have a look at
http://gadot.cohens.org.il/~tzafrir/dovecot/ . Currently this is simply
a symlink to the build directory.