[Dovecot] Dovecot and Active Directory Authentication

Dave Smith dave at grantsmith.uklinux.net
Fri Aug 26 13:00:11 EEST 2005

First off, sorry if this has been asked before - I have looked, honest.

Is it possible to get dovecot to authenticate users against active
directory, treating the AD as a plain ldap server? I have this working
with cyrus saslauthd.

Currentlt I get a long delay (30 seconds or so) then
* BYE Disconnected for inactivity.

All I get in the maillog is

imap-login: Disconnected: Inactivity [::ffff:127.0.0.1]

I am using dovecot-0.99.11-2.EL4.1 on CentOS 4.

If anybody has got this to work then please let me know - otherwise I
will be forced to use Cyrus........

Cheers

Dave Smith